Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Six-Month Appointment

Emersyn and Jaxson had their wellness check-up today, and it was kind of a bummer.

First, here's a look at their growth again since birth:

Emmy
Birth - 5 lbs. 14 oz., 18 inches
1 week - 5 lbs. 13 oz., 18.75 inches
1 month - 7 lbs., 19 inches
2 months - 9 lbs., 20.75 inches
4 months - 11 lbs. 6 oz., 23.25 inches
6 months - 13 lbs. 3 oz., 25 inches

Jax
Birth - 6 lbs. 2 oz., 19 inches
1 week - 5 lbs. 13 oz., 19 inches
1 month - 7 lbs. 3 oz., 20.5 inches
2 months - 9 lbs. 3 oz., 21.25 inches
4 months - 12 lbs., 24 inches
6 months - 13 lbs. 13 oz., 25.5 inches

So, they were both about 3 ounces away from gaining exactly 2 pounds since the last visit in January.  They are always under the 10th percentile for weight, and their lengths are at about the 25th percentile.  I know I can't really compare the twins to Brody since they started out so much smaller, but I always like to look back at how big he was at each of these earlier visits too.  Brody weighed 16 and a half pounds at six months.

Jaxson couldn't get his vaccines again because he has an ear infection...again.  I just knew this would be the case.  Poor guy probably doesn't know what it feels like to have normal ears, at least not for any length of time.  We are trying a third type of antibiotic this time.  Dr. Kennedy said he has almost made it through cold and flu season, and she doesn't want to talk about tubes just yet.  Other than that, he's doing great.

Emersyn had a rough day!  First of all, she's been acting extremely fussy and uncomfortable often, and she has ever since beginning solids.  The doctor said to first cut out rice cereal and see if that makes any kind of difference.  So that's what we'll do.  Secondly, her ears had to be cleaned out before Dr. Kennedy could even check for infections.  She hated it and screamed almost as loud as she does when she gets her shots!!  Then the doctor noticed that the folds of her inner legs appear asymmetrical. (They REALLY do...I can't believe I didn't notice it myself.)  So basically where the cute little fat rolls are in the groin area...the left is bigger, or thicker, than the right.  She checked her hips and heard/felt a clicking sound in the right.  She ordered an x-ray, which we took care of immediately following the appointment.  We should get the results soon, and I'm not even going to talk more about it until I know what is going on for sure.  Anyways, she was already upset and crying before her shots...she received three, and I thought she was going to explode.

Man, I need to brighten this post up a little bit!  Here's some pics. :)

Checking out the puzzles under the TV...

Check out all that hair that's missing!

Getting caught is so much fun!


Emmy playing with my dad.


Striking a deal?? "Okay, Gramps...you give me all kinds of sweets when I come over, and I'll never tell Mommy."


LOVE this one!


They have only drank from a bottle once, so this sippy cup is an entirely new experience!


Jax almost up on all fours!


Oh, so much determination from my little boy!






He kept pushing it farther ahead of himself. It was pretty funny because he just kept reaching and scooting, reaching and scooting!


And smiling, of course.


Checking out the sippy cup.  "Look, Ma...no hands!!"

1 comment:

Casey Rethman said...

How are they so cute when they don't feel good????? They are adorable Kel and I'm so sorry for all of the health issues.

P.S. I love the pics of Emmy with your dad.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...