Wednesday, March 17, 2010

St. Patrick's Day Surprises

Happy St. Patty's Day, everyone! We had a fun and silly morning here at our place before Brody went to speech.

First off, last night we set a leprechaun trap before Brody went to bed. This is kinda funny...originally I had wanted to do it because I think the idea is just so cute. You can design a trap out of pretty much anything, and then put something such as Lucky Charms or "gold" to lure the leprechaun into the trap. Of course, nobody can catch a leprechaun! The silly little guy usually leaves a note or treat instead. After thinking about it yesterday I decided against it because I just didn't think it was worth it. I didn't think he'd get it at all, and I thought it would be more fun in a year or two when he can actually help design the trap. BUT...Brody made me change my mind again! He was playing with an empty jug while I was getting the babies ready for bed, and he stuck pieces of dry Lucky Charms into it all on his own! There was a small bowl on the coffee table, and he just shoved 'em in. (We always have this cereal in the house...it's seriously one of my favorite foods. I know, what am I...like ten years old??? I can't help it...they are so yummy.) Anywho, I could NOT let this pass by. He made a leprechaun trap all on his own!

Here he is looking inside:


So I played it up and told him we were going to leave it out tonight to see if we could catch a leprechaun. He said, "Epp-a-con?" LOL! So I tried to explain a little more, but truly I'm not sure he really cared. We set the trap on the little potty and wheeled over a fire engine to help the leprechaun up to the trap. :)


That sneaky leprechaun ate the Lucky Charms, left some gold and a note, and started a mini scavenger hunt to find a special surprise.


This was the end of the scavenger hunt...the leprechaun filled their shoes with goodies! It was mostly just dumb, cheap stuff that we either had already or I purchased at Ben Franklin in the dollar bins. We got the babies' onesies a long time ago, my mom got Brody's shirt awhile back, and the babies got those books at the doctor's yesterday.


Checking the trap this morning. I told him when he woke up that we needed to go and see if we caught a leprechaun, and he smiled and ran right to the trap.


Clue #2 in the oven...


Clue #3 in his mailbox...


Clue #4 in the buggy...


And clue #5 in the closet...


Finding the goods!  He had fun with the clues, which is good because I thought of maybe doing this to find his Easter basket on Easter morning.


Checking it all out...




Cheese!


The highlight of MY day...I told Brody to go check the big potty. He opened it to find GREEN potty water!!!!


He got a kick out of it but promptly flushed it down, ha ha! Tonight when I was giving him a bath I asked him if he remembered what color the potty was this morning, and he said, "Green!! More green, more green!"


Green pancakes for breakfast that were cut into shamrocks...





A few pictures of the kids dressed in their St. Patty's Day outfits:
























After speech, lunch, and naps we took a long walk and played outside for a bit. The babies even rolled around in the yard (on blankets). What a beautiful day!

A few more pics from today:






1 comment:

Casey Rethman said...

Your blog makes me wish so badly that I was still at home with my girls! You look like you had so much fun and I can't tell you how much I love the last pic of all 3 of your kiddos together. Also, the one of Emmy and Luca is too cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...