" 'Cause I don't care too much for money, money can't buy me love."
Great song, isn't it?
Tomorrow is Valentine's Day, and Kris and I are both looking forward to spending the day together at home with our three loves. Not so long ago I thought Valentine's Day was kinda corny...I thought, really...there needs to be a "special" day set aside to do special things for your significant other?? Why can't EVERY day be special?
Since having children though, I see it a bit differently. I am excited for an excuse (not that I need one) to do fun, memorable things with our kids, and to make this day something to look forward to every year. I want our kids to learn how they can show their love and appreciation, not just on Valentine's Day...but every day.
Here's that heart footprint painting from a couple weeks ago. Could've turned out better, but it is still cute and a great keepsake to pull out and decorate with every year...
AND...since we're on the topic of LOVE...there are too many things that I love about my babies to list, but here's what comes to my mind when I think about each one of them.
Brody Kristopher, I love that you were my first child! I love that I learned how to be a mother by taking care of YOU. I love how you can be a silly little monster one moment and my cuddle bug the next. I love your sweet hugs and kisses, as well as your gentleness with Emmy and Jax. I love to watch you learn and become interested in new things daily. I think only your Daddy can make me laugh harder. You are just a sweet boy--plain and simple.
Emersyn Elizabeth, I love your laugh that starts out as a slow, quiet giggle and then escalates into an all-out hysterical belly laugh. I love laughing with you and can't wait to do it at least a BILLION more times the rest of my life! I love how you are instantly calm and comforted by being in my arms. I love that you trust me...I can feel it when you snuggle close. I love having such a beautiful daughter to dress up...and I love that I will be the first person you ever look up to.
Jaxson Thomas, the first thing that comes to my mind when I think of you is your huge, wide-open smile. I NEED to see that every day of my life!! I love the way you wiggle and kick and squirm when you see me or when I talk to you. I love looking into your big, bright eyes. I love how much energy and determination you have. You are going to bring lots of joy to many people throughout your whole life, I can just feel it.
Some extra pics...
I guess I shouldn't leave out the hubby, huh?! Kris, I love that you are responsible for all these gifts in my life. I love that I have a fabulous husband and my children have the BEST father. I love that I get to share all these moments with YOU!
Happy Valentine's Day! Check back in a few days for more Valentine pics :)

2 comments:
Very sweet!
So very, very sweet!! All three of the Garman children are unique, but it's already evident that they all share a sweet and joyful core...and amazing parents too!
Post a Comment