*Slacker Mommy Confession: Brody will be 2 1/2 next month, and this was his first visit to the dentist!
It depends who you ask or what resource you read, but some recommend children first visit the dentist at the age of 1...and some say age 2. I honestly had nightmares about bringing Brody to the dentist. I had visions of us having to hold him down while he kicked and thrashed around in the chair screaming his head off. So...I put it off and put it off...and became meticulous about cleaning his teeth myself. He doesn't eat a lot of crap, and he's really great about taking care of his teeth (and letting us take care of them), but I won't say that I wasn't a little nervous about him having a cavity.
I don't know what I was so nervous about...Brody did great throughout the very quick visit, and his teeth look perfect. We see Dr. Kelly in Maumee (I chose him a few years ago based solely on his last name, LOL...I thought, "Hmm, he sounds like a good dentist!") He gave his teeth a very quick cleaning and brushed his teeth with some tooth-hardening paste, and that was it!
Brody was comfortable laying on Daddy.
Dr. Kelly
He didn't want anything to do with the spit-sucker!
He picked out a new yellow toothbrush and also got to pick a prize...he selected a bouncy ball.
Showing me his clean teeth.
Brody and Mommy sportin' stripes and clean teeth. (I had a cleaning as well.)
And here's the little bouncy ball he picked out!
So we're scheduled to go back to the dentist for cleanings one evening toward the end of August, but I'm thinking we might have to reschedule...this is back-to-school time for me, and I will probably have some sort of evening commitment.

2 comments:
I am dreading taking Logan for the first time. I'm going to ask at my cleaning next month when they recommend I bring him for the first time. It should be interesting. YAY BRODY for doing such a great job!
I'm right there with Brody when it comes to the spit sucker. That thing makes awful noises and just feels nasty! I'm glad it was a good experience and can't wait to see more pics of those pearly whites.
Post a Comment