Friday, February 5, 2010

Maybe He DOES Still Love Me!

I am referring to this little cutie...
...and I say this only half jokingly. I have been feeling like we've kind of "lost" each other over the past months. Obviously I now have to divide my time between three children, and I wonder if he resents me for this. Brody is definitely Daddy's Boy. For the first couple months after the babies were born, Kris mostly took care of Brody, and I mostly took care of the twins. That's just how it was being that I spent so much of my time feeding them. Now, at times, I feel like he doesn't want anything to do with me, and it makes me very sad! I try my best to spend as much special time with him as I can, and I know he likes this. Hopefully Kris and I will always be able to spend quality one-on-one time with each of our kids in the years to come. I know it will make each of them feel special to have either Mommy or Daddy ALL to himself/herself for a short time!

Anyways, I usually do not get the opportunity to nap during the day, but today all three kids were sleeping at the same time, and I was feeling so exhausted that I closed my eyes and fell fast asleep on the couch for almost an hour. When Kris got Brody up from his nap he came right over to me and apparently started saying, "Mama, shhhhh" and gave me kisses all on his own. How sweet! Then Kris made him do it again so he could snap a couple pictures. Isn't this the BEST?!?!

2 comments:

Megan said...

Aw! That is the best!! I have very much a daddy's boy too. Something about how silly he is..haha. But since I have been home more, the role has been reversed and I love it! Sad to think I will have to rejoin the work world soon. (ps, I noticed you stopped following mine, but I hope you still keep in touch!)

Casey Rethman said...

Melts my heart! He is such a little lover boy. Also, Kris is so good with him and it appears that all kids love him. I think Daddies just get to be the fun ones because Mommies are so busy doing the nurturing. But you also are so awesome with all of the fun things you do with him. Super Mommy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...