Remember a few posts down I said we took all 3 kids to the doctor on Monday, and the babies sounded clear in their lungs? Well, after horrible nights again on Monday and Tuesday, I took them back to the doctor on Wednesday...Emmy sounded clear again, even with her bad cough...and on top of Jax's ear infections, his cold had developed into bronchiolitis. The doctor said we would need to give Jax breathing treatments every four hours and even recommended administering them to Emmy as well (though not as often) since she was probably headed down that same path.
Here's the (very loud) machine...
And here's Jax on Thursday getting a treatment. Can you tell by his eyes that he is smiling for me??
Emersyn on Thursday...
Beginning on Thursday, both babies started to act like themselves again for increasing periods of time, but then they would get into coughing fits and just be plain miserable.
"Mommy, can't you see I'm not in the mood for this today?"
Thursday night in matching jammies.
Both babies actually handled the treatments pretty well. Each session only lasted about 5 minutes, and I would just talk to them or sing to them and they'd look up at me and smile.
Friday we went back to the doctor to see if they (mainly Jaxson) sounded any clearer in their lungs. Emmy again sounded fine, and Jax was improved but still requires breathing treatments 3 times a day until we head back to see the doctor again on Wednesday.
Needless to say, I haven't had a ton of sleep this week. I don't know if Jax will ever sleep in his bed again...I have held him almost every night this week so that he would be comfortable and could get some rest. Every time I would try to put him down, he would start sobbing and coughing more. I feel horrible for him!
Just a couple pics after we returned home from the doctor's on Friday...

3 comments:
Oh no! So sad to hear that! I hope they are feeling better soon!!
Even sick they are so smiley and cute!
I love that Emmy even gets a bow and a cute dress to go to the doctor. LOL They are so cute and I feel so horrible for them! Mya and Stella hope they feel better soon because they want to come and play again.
Post a Comment