Okay, so we aren't exactly stuck at home, but geez did we get a lot of the white stuff!!
Tuesday morning we all went out to breakfast at IHOP since Brody's class was cancelled (It really seems weird to say that my 2-year-old had a snow day). We've been wanting to go out for breakfast for a long time, but we never seem to have a morning that works for us. Either Brody has speech or class, or Kris is sleeping from working the night before. So we braved the elements and took advantage of this rare opportunity.
We ate at a booth with Brody seated at the end in a high chair and the babies in their car seats, on top of the table but at the other end from Brody. We attracted lots of attention for sure...I believe we may have met every IHOP employee at the time. It has been quite a while since we've taken Brody out to eat. He normally has pretty good manners at the table, so I really didn't worry too much about that. He DOES need to learn to keep his voice at an acceptable level though...at one point after each bite he would yell, "YUM YUM YUM!!!"
After naptime Tuesday, looking out the window at all that SNOOOOOOW!
After Brody's nap we wasted no time in getting outside to enjoy all that fluff!
It was hilarious watching him walk through it all. I don't think I stopped smiling or laughing.
Throwing snow...
Just exploring...
A tree picture...
Buried in the snow. Not sure what the snobbish look is for??
Kicking out of the snow!
Sitting on a mound of snow that was plowed off the driveway.
He's in L-O-V-E love with this broom.
Beach toys?? Why not!
Brody was really upset when I made him come inside. Partly because he just didn't want to come in, and partly because his little hands were so red and cold. Darn mittens!
After dinner Tuesday we had a hot cocoa "party" while the babies were playing on the floor. Technically mine was Tim Horton's cappuccino mix...yum-o!
Putting whipped topping on...
And we also had some random types of sprinkles. I'm telling you, sprinkles make everything better, LOL.
Kris had the mug with the mother-load of pink sprinkles. Picked out and poured on by Brody :)
So...this was really Brody's first experience with a warm drink like this. He took his first sip, and let it dribble back out of his mouth onto the table. (I promise it wasn't too hot...I checked it 50 times.) Definitely not what he was expecting! He did enjoy it after the initial spit-out. When he was done, it looked like he barely had any. He had more fun dropping mini "mar-mars" into the cocoa.
Jax & Em...you can join the fun next winter!
This (Wed.) morning Brody had speech, and as I type this he is napping. We'll probably go back out to play in the snow later, and Kris has to work tonight so Brody and I are going to make oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. Mmm mmm!
**Sidenote: Are you sick of seeing the elephant shirt?? We try to let him pick out his own outfit some days. This is what he ALWAYS wants to wear, even when it's dirty.

2 comments:
I bet the Ihop cooks were pleased that Brody enjoyed their product. :) Too cute! Brody's getting quite the practice in the snow. He'll be a great trainer from Emmy and Jax next winter. Speaking of snowed in- our flight was cancelled and we can't get a departing flight out of CT/RI/NY until SUNDAY. Curt's supposed to be in a wedding on Saturday but it's not looking promising...
I LOVE that shirt!!!!!! I want to come and live at your house....you guys always have so much fun!
Post a Comment