Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine's Day

Our Valentine's Day was filled with the standard love, hugs, kisses...and fevers, snot, coughs, worries.

Brody began showing cold symptoms on Friday, slept horribly Friday night, and was pretty miserable all day Saturday. I put the twins in some cute Valentine-ish outfits Saturday and got some cute pics. I wanted Brody in the pictures also, but I didn't want the babies covered in his snot, ha ha.

I just love these!








Oh, I also had to get a picture of Jaxson in this adorable "Free Kisses" onesie since Brody wore this for his first Valentine's Day.


Saturday night, again, Brody slept horribly, and Jaxson starting coughing as well. Jax slept upright on my chest for the majority of the night. Both boys had slight fevers on Sunday...and then Emmy started coughing midway through the day and by the end of the night, she too had a slight fever. We did still manage to have a pretty good day...it's just tough when everyone feels horrible and there's not much we can do.

We had little gift bags for our Valentines...

I had made a raspberry french toast casserole on Saturday night so that it would be ready to pop into the oven for our Valentine's Day breakfast. Delicious with some banana "hugs and kisses" on the side!

Brody barely ate anything for breakfast, so I didn't even bother with a fun-themed lunch...he just ended up eating a bunch of fruit and veggies. Kris made chicken parmesan for our dinner, which was awesome. Brody had a little better appetite by then.

Here he is with his Valentine treat! The bowling set was a last-second addition...he was playing with a set at his last therapy session and just went completely crazy over it then, so we decided to get a set for him to play with at home.


He also got a marshmallow heart treat, a St. Patty's Day shirt, and this guitar shirt that I could NOT pass up. I think it was created just for him, LOL!


Bowling...


Dig in, babies!!


Both Emmy and Jax got a new rattle toy, new bibs and spoons for their upcoming introduction to food, and 2 clothing items each.




Despite not feeling well, I still managed to snap a couple cute pictures of the kiddos wearing their Valentine outfits.





Our Valentine's Day ended with a special "Steam Party" in the bathroom, HA HA!


So Sunday night was another rough one. Brody actually slept fairly well, Emersyn was upright in her swing all night, and Jaxson was either in his swing or on my chest. Monday we hauled all three to the doctor...ear infections for Brody, and the babies checked out okay. Actually the doctor that we saw told us that after hearing both of them cough, he was surprised that their lungs sounded clear. He said we will have to watch them closely over the next couple of days because this could turn into bronchiolitis very quickly. If we start to hear any wheezing, we'll be heading back.

Our friends, Kendra and Curt, were in town for the weekend and were brave enough to stop over and see us Monday afternoon. I got a cute pic of Jax and his Godmother :)

This one's a little dark but too cute...Curt and Brody chillin'.


Brody was in no mood to do this activity on Valentine's Day, so we did it Monday evening. Sorting and graphing conversation hearts.


He barely needed any direction for the sorting...he knew just what to do. I thought it was funny that he placed all the hearts facing up so that you could see the message. For some reason, both "pink" and "white" are proving to be difficult for him to say.


He was chewing a heart and trying to smile at the same time. :)


Graphing...

I know Brody is almost back to feeling like himself again, and I pray that the babies are on the mend too. We are not really used to all this...Brody was never sick as an infant and has only had a few really bad colds, plus that flu back in October. This is by far the hardest thing about being a parent!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...