I did the twins' five-month photo shoot in their bedroom just before their morning nap, and I didn't get too many smiles. I tried again for some more shots later after they woke up.
Together shots:
These pictures I take in the glider always make me think of this picture with my older brother, Matt.

Emersyn Elizabeth - 5 months today!
Look how adorable she is when she sleeps! Holding onto her little doll's arm and everything!
Jaxson Thomas - 5 months today!
Both Emmy and Jax are growing and becoming more and more fun! They roll over both ways easily and often, they love their hands and feet, and they enjoy playing with their toys. They both still eat six times a day, and we are looking forward to introducing some cereal into their diets in a few weeks. They take 3-4 naps a day, ranging in length from 30 minutes to 2 hours.
Emersyn is our great sleeper! She goes down for bedtime and naptime sooooooo easily and rarely isn't able to soothe herself back to sleep. I do still feed her after Jaxson at around 3-4 in the morning even though I have to wake her every time. I figure...I'm up so I might as well take the 10 minutes to feed her and maybe she'll sleep a bit later in the morning. She is so full of smiles and giggles but can also be fussy throughout the day.
Jaxson's second antibiotic did clear up his ear infections, but he is still having trouble getting himself back to sleep when he wakes up at night. Last night he did wonderfully...he slept until about 4:00, I fed him, and then he went back down for a couple more hours. The night before, however, he was up probably about five different times. So, right now anyway, we just never know how the night will be! He is usually a joy during the day...laughing, smiling, and flapping his arms and legs all around when he sees one of us coming toward him or when we start talking to him.
Also, I was really hoping we'd skip the whole stranger/separation anxiety phase because both babies pretty much always let anyone hold them--nothing like their big brother was when he was a baby! But there have been a few instances in the past month where they have become upset if not with me or Kris. Ah, well. It's normal, and we'll get through it!
Next month they will be HALF A YEAR!!!

3 comments:
Cute, cute, cute!!!!!!! Love them!
UNBELIEVEABLE! I simply can't believe they are 5 months old already!! They are so beautiful, and looking more alike, I think. I can't wait to see them again - hopefully awake next time!
Great photo shoot, Kel! Emersyn had the cutest wardrobe, but she'd be adorable in anything!! She is too cute. I can't get over Jaxson's big smile. I don't think I've seen any pictures of him awake without a open-mouth smile. I love it!!
Post a Comment